PAULDEN, Ariz. — Authorities said four people were killed when a small plane crashed near the northern Arizona town of Paulden.
Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dwight D’Evelyn said the plane that
went down about 12:40 p.m. Friday.
Federal Aviation Administration officials said the Cessna 340 was flying from
Bullhead City in northwestern Arizona to an unknown destination when it crashed
near the Gunsite Ranch shooting range west of Paulden.
Saturday evening, the sheriff’s office tentatively identified the four victims as James Parrish, 57; his wife, Lisa Parrish, 54; Mike Hughes, 65, and his wife Joy Hughes, 63. The Parrishes were residents of Terrell, Texas, and the Hughes couple lived in Paulden as well as in Aurora, Colo.
Phoenix television station KPHO said a witness to the crash reported seeing a
large ball of fire after the plane hit the ground.
Another witness said the plane may have struck a radio tower.
A spokesman for the Chino Valley Fire District said emergency crews put out the
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the cause of
The Associated Press and KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain