PAULDEN, Ariz. — Authorities said four people were killed when a small plane crashed near the northern Arizona town of Paulden.
Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dwight D’Evelyn said the plane that
went down about 12:40 p.m. Friday.
Federal Aviation Administration officials said the Cessna 340 was flying from
Bullhead City in northwestern Arizona to an unknown destination when it crashed
near the Gunsite Ranch shooting range west of Paulden.
Saturday evening, the sheriff’s office tentatively identified the four victims as James Parrish, 57; his wife, Lisa Parrish, 54; Mike Hughes, 65, and his wife Joy Hughes, 63. The Parrishes were residents of Terrell, Texas, and the Hughes couple lived in Paulden as well as in Aurora, Colo.
Phoenix television station KPHO said a witness to the crash reported seeing a
large ball of fire after the plane hit the ground.
Another witness said the plane may have struck a radio tower.
A spokesman for the Chino Valley Fire District said emergency crews put out the
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the cause of
The Associated Press and KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas