PHOENIX — For over a year, the Arizona and Nevada departments of transportation have corroborated on the Interstate 11 and Intermountain West Corridor Study.
The study includes “detailed corridor planning of a possible high-priority interstate link between the Phoenix and Las Vegas metropolitan areas.” There is also the potential to extend the corridor as far north as Canada and as far south as Mexico.
Over a series of five public meetings this month, the results of the preliminary analysis and a range of alternatives will be presented. The public will be allowed to “view the recommended alternatives” from the initial evaluation and screening process, prior to the study moving forward.
Each of the five meetings will focus on a specific segment of the proposed corridor.
The meetings are as follows:
• Phoenix Metropolitan Area: Oct. 8 at the Avondale City Council Chambers: 11465 W. Civic Center Drive in Avondale, AZ
• Northern Arizona: Oct. 9 at the Mohave County Public Works Building, Turquoise Room: 3715 Sunshine Drive in Kingman, AZ
• Southern Arizona: Oct. 10 at the Pascua Yaqui Reservation’s Albert J. Garcia Auditorium: 7777 S. Camino Huivism in Tucson, AZ
• Northern Nevada: Oct. 16 at the Carson City Community Center, Bonanza Room: 851 E. William St. in Carson City, NV
• Las Vegas Metropolitan Area: Oct. 17 at the NDOT District I Main Training Room: 123 E. Washington St. in Las Vegas, NV
More information can be found on the I-11 Study website.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon