PHOENIX — For over a year, the Arizona and Nevada departments of transportation have corroborated on the Interstate 11 and Intermountain West Corridor Study.
The study includes “detailed corridor planning of a possible high-priority interstate link between the Phoenix and Las Vegas metropolitan areas.” There is also the potential to extend the corridor as far north as Canada and as far south as Mexico.
Over a series of five public meetings this month, the results of the preliminary analysis and a range of alternatives will be presented. The public will be allowed to “view the recommended alternatives” from the initial evaluation and screening process, prior to the study moving forward.
Each of the five meetings will focus on a specific segment of the proposed corridor.
The meetings are as follows:
• Phoenix Metropolitan Area: Oct. 8 at the Avondale City Council Chambers: 11465 W. Civic Center Drive in Avondale, AZ
• Northern Arizona: Oct. 9 at the Mohave County Public Works Building, Turquoise Room: 3715 Sunshine Drive in Kingman, AZ
• Southern Arizona: Oct. 10 at the Pascua Yaqui Reservation’s Albert J. Garcia Auditorium: 7777 S. Camino Huivism in Tucson, AZ
• Northern Nevada: Oct. 16 at the Carson City Community Center, Bonanza Room: 851 E. William St. in Carson City, NV
• Las Vegas Metropolitan Area: Oct. 17 at the NDOT District I Main Training Room: 123 E. Washington St. in Las Vegas, NV
More information can be found on the I-11 Study website.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns