PHOENIX — The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has been in charge of monitoring the lakes in the Tonto National Forest that are closed because of the partial government shutdown.
MCSO is currently turning people away from Saguaro Lake, Canyon Lake, Apache Lake and Bartlett Lake. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said his deputies are doing their job, but ready for the shutdown to end.
“My deputies are carrying out their required duties that our agreement with the federal government calls for,” said Arpaio in a release. “When the president and Congress resolve their differences, we will no longer have to take this course of action. For the sake of all affected by the shutdown, let’s hope the negotiations in Washington are concluded swiftly.”
MCSO said the public has not been very understanding when they’re informed the lakes are closed.
“We are seeing enough anger that we want to make it known to our citizens and visitors that as soon as federal government shutdown is concluded, all will return to normal,” said Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Lake Patrol Capt. Russ Skinner in a press release.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy