PHOENIX — Arizona’s wealthiest are feeling good about the future.
In a new BMO Financial study, 65 percent of Arizonans worth $1 million or more expect the U.S. economy to improve over the next year. That’s 5 percent higher than their wealthy counterparts across the country.
BMO spokesperson Carey Allen said there are several reasons for the regional optimism.
“We’ve had a lot of focus here on the health sector with the aging baby boomers and places like T-Gen and the focus on medical technology sectors.”
The study also found about the same number of affluent Arizonans considers stocks and real estate a good investment again.
What’s more, said Allen, “specifically 48 percent of them actually say they are better off financially than they were before the Great Recession of 2008.”
Economists predict that higher level of confidence will trickle down as the affluent spend more money, more often on luxury items and services and stimulate local economic growth.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain