PHOENIX — Arizona’s wealthiest are feeling good about the future.
In a new BMO Financial study, 65 percent of Arizonans worth $1 million or more expect the U.S. economy to improve over the next year. That’s 5 percent higher than their wealthy counterparts across the country.
BMO spokesperson Carey Allen said there are several reasons for the regional optimism.
“We’ve had a lot of focus here on the health sector with the aging baby boomers and places like T-Gen and the focus on medical technology sectors.”
The study also found about the same number of affluent Arizonans considers stocks and real estate a good investment again.
What’s more, said Allen, “specifically 48 percent of them actually say they are better off financially than they were before the Great Recession of 2008.”
Economists predict that higher level of confidence will trickle down as the affluent spend more money, more often on luxury items and services and stimulate local economic growth.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food