PHOENIX — Arizona’s wealthiest are feeling good about the future.
In a new BMO Financial study, 65 percent of Arizonans worth $1 million or more expect the U.S. economy to improve over the next year. That’s 5 percent higher than their wealthy counterparts across the country.
BMO spokesperson Carey Allen said there are several reasons for the regional optimism.
“We’ve had a lot of focus here on the health sector with the aging baby boomers and places like T-Gen and the focus on medical technology sectors.”
The study also found about the same number of affluent Arizonans considers stocks and real estate a good investment again.
What’s more, said Allen, “specifically 48 percent of them actually say they are better off financially than they were before the Great Recession of 2008.”
Economists predict that higher level of confidence will trickle down as the affluent spend more money, more often on luxury items and services and stimulate local economic growth.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development