PHOENIX — A Honeywell plant in Chandler was evacuated Wednesday after a vapor could formed inside of the facility, the Chandler Fire Department said.
“They advised us that they had a certain process in the facility that had produced this cloud and that the scrubber that usually would take the air that has contaminants in it and filter it was not working properly,” said Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins.
The cloud formed at the Honeywell plant in the area of 6800 W. Chicago St.
While no injuries have been reported, Dwiggins said fire officials are treating the vapor cloud as a hazardous material, meaning it will take time to resolve the situation.
“We really slow down and make sure we know what’s going on inside the room where the vapor cloud is before we actually go in there,” he said.
The vapor cloud has been contained.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development