PHOENIX — A Honeywell plant in Chandler was evacuated Wednesday after a vapor could formed inside of the facility, the Chandler Fire Department said.
“They advised us that they had a certain process in the facility that had produced this cloud and that the scrubber that usually would take the air that has contaminants in it and filter it was not working properly,” said Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins.
The cloud formed at the Honeywell plant in the area of 6800 W. Chicago St.
While no injuries have been reported, Dwiggins said fire officials are treating the vapor cloud as a hazardous material, meaning it will take time to resolve the situation.
“We really slow down and make sure we know what’s going on inside the room where the vapor cloud is before we actually go in there,” he said.
The vapor cloud has been contained.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food