PHOENIX — A Honeywell plant in Chandler was evacuated Wednesday after a vapor could formed inside of the facility, the Chandler Fire Department said.
“They advised us that they had a certain process in the facility that had produced this cloud and that the scrubber that usually would take the air that has contaminants in it and filter it was not working properly,” said Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins.
The cloud formed at the Honeywell plant in the area of 6800 W. Chicago St.
While no injuries have been reported, Dwiggins said fire officials are treating the vapor cloud as a hazardous material, meaning it will take time to resolve the situation.
“We really slow down and make sure we know what’s going on inside the room where the vapor cloud is before we actually go in there,” he said.
The vapor cloud has been contained.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night