PHOENIX — A Honeywell plant in Chandler was evacuated Wednesday after a vapor could formed inside of the facility, the Chandler Fire Department said.
“They advised us that they had a certain process in the facility that had produced this cloud and that the scrubber that usually would take the air that has contaminants in it and filter it was not working properly,” said Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins.
The cloud formed at the Honeywell plant in the area of 6800 W. Chicago St.
While no injuries have been reported, Dwiggins said fire officials are treating the vapor cloud as a hazardous material, meaning it will take time to resolve the situation.
“We really slow down and make sure we know what’s going on inside the room where the vapor cloud is before we actually go in there,” he said.
The vapor cloud has been contained.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier