SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Arizona State University opened
SkySong at the start of the Great Recession in 2008. The business innovation center near McDowell and Scottsdale roads has become one of the few success stories in real estate in the past five years.
Now the center is adding SkySong III, which brings more office space for innovation and technology. Ground was officially broken Wednesday. Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane said it’s one more step in revitalizing the McDowell corridor.
“This corridor saw difficult times when several car dealerships left during the recession,” he said. “SkySong III is indicative of the progress in this corridor.”
The $28 million Sky Song III will open in July. ASU will lease one-and-a-half floors of the four-story building, which will take up 145,000 square feet.
Sharon Harper, CEO with master developer Plaza Companies, said SkySong IV is already in the planning stages.
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips