PHOENIX — A roadside pit stop might soon become a little more pleasant.
The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) has struck a deal with Infrastructure Corporation of America to maintain all rest stops in the state. The company will also make improvements and add amenities, like pet areas and wi-fi at some locations.
“[This partnership] gets ADOT out the daily rest area business and on to focusing on our core business, which is building and maintaining highways,” said ADOT spokesperson Laura Douglas.
This new contract represents the agency’s first active public/private partnership. Terms of the contract allow for advertising with revenue sharing, with a portion of the revenue generated from sponsorships and advertising going directly into the state’s highway fund.
Infrastructure Corporation of America currently operates and maintains rest areas in Florida, Texas and Missouri.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon