PHOENIX — A roadside pit stop might soon become a little more pleasant.
The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) has struck a deal with Infrastructure Corporation of America to maintain all rest stops in the state. The company will also make improvements and add amenities, like pet areas and wi-fi at some locations.
“[This partnership] gets ADOT out the daily rest area business and on to focusing on our core business, which is building and maintaining highways,” said ADOT spokesperson Laura Douglas.
This new contract represents the agency’s first active public/private partnership. Terms of the contract allow for advertising with revenue sharing, with a portion of the revenue generated from sponsorships and advertising going directly into the state’s highway fund.
Infrastructure Corporation of America currently operates and maintains rest areas in Florida, Texas and Missouri.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates