PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said the state could be in for big problems if the shutdown of the federal government continues.
Brewer said Tuesday the shutdown would affect a lot of things in Arizona.
“We’re probably going to have some impact with our National Guard employees to the tune of about 1,400,” she said. “We’ve got concerns over at DES in regards to the WIC program. We’ve have issues with food for the elderly.”
Brewer wants those in Congress who are against Obamacare to look past that issue for the time being.
“The direction in which Obamacare is going is carved in stone,” she said. “I believe they need to get us a budget or a continuing resolution. We need to get America, the United States, back on track.
“I believe that Congress — on both sides of the aisle — and the president, ought to step up and resolve this issue immediately,” said Brewer.
When she was asked who she thinks is at fault for the shutdown, Brewer blamed everyone.
“I think it’s all of their faults. They’re all responsible.”
Brewer said the current crisis won’t impact Arizona’s Medicaid plan because the funding is already in place.
As for the future of the Affordable Care Act, Brewer said “I do not support Obama healthcare. I never have. I believe it will probably fall under its’ own weight.”
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths