PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said the state could be in for big problems if the shutdown of the federal government continues.
Brewer said Tuesday the shutdown would affect a lot of things in Arizona.
“We’re probably going to have some impact with our National Guard employees to the tune of about 1,400,” she said. “We’ve got concerns over at DES in regards to the WIC program. We’ve have issues with food for the elderly.”
Brewer wants those in Congress who are against Obamacare to look past that issue for the time being.
“The direction in which Obamacare is going is carved in stone,” she said. “I believe they need to get us a budget or a continuing resolution. We need to get America, the United States, back on track.
“I believe that Congress — on both sides of the aisle — and the president, ought to step up and resolve this issue immediately,” said Brewer.
When she was asked who she thinks is at fault for the shutdown, Brewer blamed everyone.
“I think it’s all of their faults. They’re all responsible.”
Brewer said the current crisis won’t impact Arizona’s Medicaid plan because the funding is already in place.
As for the future of the Affordable Care Act, Brewer said “I do not support Obama healthcare. I never have. I believe it will probably fall under its’ own weight.”
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick