PHOENIX — The Force is strong with one local library.
The Second Annual “‘Star Wars’ Reads Day” (SWRD) occurs Saturday, Oct. 5, and this year, the Burton Barr Central Library is getting in on the fun.
From 10 a.m.-noon on Saturday, young Padawans are encouraged to dress up and come out to the library to become Guardians of Reading by playing games, running obstacle courses, meeting their favorite ‘Star Wars’ characters, and of course, checking out books to take home.
Last year, “30 authors and 1,500 costumed volunteers participated in over 1,200 ‘Star Wars Reads Day’ events across North America,” according to the official SWRD site.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development