PHOENIX — Most large organizations and hospitals, including Saint Joseph’s, are ready for the first phase of the Affordable Health Care Act to kick in, according to Saundra Johnson, Executive Director of the Keough Health Connection.
The organization connects people to programs and services that help with health care and nutrition. They have also played an integral part in training medical staff across the state on the new health care law.
“It’s a continuous process. They (the staff) are prepared,” she said. “I don’t know if everyone is up to speed…[but] what I can say is that if we don’t have the right answers, we know how to get the right answers for people.”
Johnson anticipates an onslaught of questions and she says people can do their part by becoming informed.
“[Health care is] not a race that has to be won this week. There is time to become enrolled,” Johnson said. “Go to websites that are both in Spanish and English and think about what type of health care your family needs,” she adds.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy