PHOENIX — The carcasses of approximately twelve javelinas were discovered on the side of Shea Boulevard near the Mayo Clinic today. Experts at Arizona Game and Fish say it appears the animals were struck and killed by at least one vehicle.
“Hate to see it, but it’s a hazard of the big city, roadways and wildlife,” said spokesman Jim Paxon.
The condition of the remains indicates the incident happened overnight, but it was never reported to the authorities. In the interim, Game and Fish has teamed up with Scottsdale Police and the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office to investigate what is currently considered an accident.
Authorities want to remind residents that as the fall nights become longer, some wildlife become more active. To avoid potentially deadly accidents when driving at night, especially in areas with dense vegetation, slow down and scan the terrain looking for signs of animals.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon