LAS VEGAS (AP) – Allegiant Air says its fleet of MD-80 aircraft is back in service after an overhaul of emergency exit slides.
Company spokeswoman Jessica Wheeler said Monday that service was normal nationwide, with no delays or cancellations because of the maintenance work.
About 10 percent of Allegiant passengers endured cancellations for several days after the airline grounded its 52 MD-80s on Sept. 19 to check and service each exit chute. The planes seat 166 passengers.
Officials acknowledged missing a 2007 manufacturer’s recommendation to overhaul chutes every year instead of every three years.
The maintenance gap was discovered Sept. 16 after an emergency evacuation of an Allegiant flight in Las Vegas. No one was hurt.
Las Vegas-based Allegiant serves about 100 mostly small cities and vacation destinations including Florida, Las Vegas, Hawaii and the Phoenix area.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development