APACHE JUNCTION, Ariz. — A woman is dead after a fire at a home in Apache
Junction and authorities say smoking materials may have sparked the blaze.
City fire officials said Friday morning’s fire appeared to have started in a
bedroom of a home the 35-year-old woman shared with her fiance.
Investigators are treating it as an accidental fire.
Firefighters found the woman in the kitchen and immediately began treating her
for severe smoke inhalation.
She later died at a hospital. Her name hasn’t been released yet.
The woman’s fiance was away at work when the fire broke out. He told
authorities that she often smoked in bed.