One Buckeye school has thrown its hat in the ring as a contender for Katy Perry’s “Roar” contest.
Verrado High School submitted a 2-minute video lip-syncing to “Roar,” Perry’s latest single, in the hopes of getting the pop star to perform at their school.
The music video took a storytelling approach, however, with a cheerleader befriending Megan, a girl with Down syndrome, and helping her secure a spot on the cheerleading squad.
One student from the school, Philip Hoang, commented on YouTube, saying they wanted the video to represent someone overcoming struggles and adversity, like Megan has, and that they were not exploiting her condition just to win a contest.
We picked her because she has “the loudest roar”, figuratively. We wanted to showcase her journey and to display how accepting we are as a school, not “get attention”.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night