PHOENIX — USAA and other military banks are prepared to step in a help military families in the event of a government shutdown.
The federal government could shut down Monday night at midnight if Congress can’t reach agreement on a temporary funding bill. If the shutdown happens, the military’s Oct. 15 paycheck may be delayed.
Roger Wildermuth with USAA said his bank will offer a zero-interest payroll advance loan to cover them if the shutdown prevents military members from receiving a check.
“All you need to do is have an existing direct deposit with USAA and have military pay that is directly deposited within our bank,” he said.
Wildermuth said USAA will send an e-mail to members when the shutdown occurs.
“This will provide information in the my offers section of the USAA website,” he said. “They will need to click on that section and they can take care of it from there.”
If the shutdown does affect military paychecks ,Marine Federal will cover the Oct. 15 payroll for active and retired military members. Navy Federal will cover active duty members.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier