PHOENIX — USAA and other military banks are prepared to step in a help military families in the event of a government shutdown.
The federal government could shut down Monday night at midnight if Congress can’t reach agreement on a temporary funding bill. If the shutdown happens, the military’s Oct. 15 paycheck may be delayed.
Roger Wildermuth with USAA said his bank will offer a zero-interest payroll advance loan to cover them if the shutdown prevents military members from receiving a check.
“All you need to do is have an existing direct deposit with USAA and have military pay that is directly deposited within our bank,” he said.
Wildermuth said USAA will send an e-mail to members when the shutdown occurs.
“This will provide information in the my offers section of the USAA website,” he said. “They will need to click on that section and they can take care of it from there.”
If the shutdown does affect military paychecks ,Marine Federal will cover the Oct. 15 payroll for active and retired military members. Navy Federal will cover active duty members.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night