PHOENIX — USAA and other military banks are prepared to step in a help military families in the event of a government shutdown.
The federal government could shut down Monday night at midnight if Congress can’t reach agreement on a temporary funding bill. If the shutdown happens, the military’s Oct. 15 paycheck may be delayed.
Roger Wildermuth with USAA said his bank will offer a zero-interest payroll advance loan to cover them if the shutdown prevents military members from receiving a check.
“All you need to do is have an existing direct deposit with USAA and have military pay that is directly deposited within our bank,” he said.
Wildermuth said USAA will send an e-mail to members when the shutdown occurs.
“This will provide information in the my offers section of the USAA website,” he said. “They will need to click on that section and they can take care of it from there.”
If the shutdown does affect military paychecks ,Marine Federal will cover the Oct. 15 payroll for active and retired military members. Navy Federal will cover active duty members.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon