PHOENIX — Phoenix Fire extinguished four fires overnight and a fifth early Thursday morning, all in the same area, and authorities suspect arson.
Four of the fires were within a half-mile radius near 36th Street and Thomas Road. The fifth, a debris fire, was close by, near 21st Street and McDowell Road. One structure was burned as well as two cars.
There were no injuries. The first blaze was called in around 2 a.m.
Fire Captain Larry Nunez said they’re still trying to figure out if the fourth fire at this house is related, but the other three seemingly were set on purpose.
“It’s too coincidental,” said Nunez.
Police and fire investigators don’t have any suspects.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development