PHOENIX — A 5-week-old kitten was rescued from the ceiling of a Tempe facility on Wednesday.
For days, people at the Pyle Adult Recreation Center heard the kitten’s cries but could not determine where they were coming from. The Arizona Humane Society found the kitten in a 10-foot high wall.
To get to the cat, AHS had to destroy a portion of the ceiling. That part of the ceiling will be converted to a trap door in case other animals become trapped.
“Best, most destructive, most rewarding and hardest rescue to date” said Arizona Humane Society Emergency Animal Medical Technician Andy Gallo of the rescue.
The kitten was not injured but was dehydrated and hungry. It was also underweight. It was placed into foster care and will be up for adoption after it reaches a healthy weight.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development