Even the luxury home tour, “Street of Dreams,” took a hit when the real estate market crashed.
Who had the luxury of dreaming when things were that bad? Things are turning around in the world of real estate and the Street of Dreams is back.
This time, the tour is in Gilbert starting Oct. 19 in the upscale gated community of Whitewing at Germann Estates.
Five gorgeous custom homes ranging in price from $1.5 million to $2.5 million will be on display for tour-takers to ogle. It’s a great place to get ideas as these new builds usually have the latest and greatest in design, finishes, landscape and technology.
But that’s not all.
The $12 admission goes to the House of Refuge. It’s an organization that helps homeless families in Mesa. It will help a lot as between 40,000 and 50,000 are expected to take the self-guided tour.
The Valley displayed its very first Street of Dreams in 1987. There are past Streets of Dreams in Scottsdale, Phoenix and the Superstition Mountain area of Pinal County.
Whitewing at Germann Estates
Tours run Oct. 19 through Dec. 1st. They are held Wednesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Germann Estates is located south of the Loop 202, east of Greenfield Road on Germann Road, in Gilbert.
For more information, go to streetofdreams.com or houseofrefuge.org.
Listen for more Phoenix real estate news with realtors Diane Brennan and Rod Lakin on That Real Estate Show Saturdays at 3 p.m. on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon