Even the luxury home tour, “Street of Dreams,” took a hit when the real estate market crashed.
Who had the luxury of dreaming when things were that bad? Things are turning around in the world of real estate and the Street of Dreams is back.
This time, the tour is in Gilbert starting Oct. 19 in the upscale gated community of Whitewing at Germann Estates.
Five gorgeous custom homes ranging in price from $1.5 million to $2.5 million will be on display for tour-takers to ogle. It’s a great place to get ideas as these new builds usually have the latest and greatest in design, finishes, landscape and technology.
But that’s not all.
The $12 admission goes to the House of Refuge. It’s an organization that helps homeless families in Mesa. It will help a lot as between 40,000 and 50,000 are expected to take the self-guided tour.
The Valley displayed its very first Street of Dreams in 1987. There are past Streets of Dreams in Scottsdale, Phoenix and the Superstition Mountain area of Pinal County.
Whitewing at Germann Estates
Tours run Oct. 19 through Dec. 1st. They are held Wednesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Germann Estates is located south of the Loop 202, east of Greenfield Road on Germann Road, in Gilbert.
For more information, go to streetofdreams.com or houseofrefuge.org.
Listen for more Phoenix real estate news with realtors Diane Brennan and Rod Lakin on That Real Estate Show Saturdays at 3 p.m. on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains