Even the luxury home tour, “Street of Dreams,” took a hit when the real estate market crashed.
Who had the luxury of dreaming when things were that bad? Things are turning around in the world of real estate and the Street of Dreams is back.
This time, the tour is in Gilbert starting Oct. 19 in the upscale gated community of Whitewing at Germann Estates.
Five gorgeous custom homes ranging in price from $1.5 million to $2.5 million will be on display for tour-takers to ogle. It’s a great place to get ideas as these new builds usually have the latest and greatest in design, finishes, landscape and technology.
But that’s not all.
The $12 admission goes to the House of Refuge. It’s an organization that helps homeless families in Mesa. It will help a lot as between 40,000 and 50,000 are expected to take the self-guided tour.
The Valley displayed its very first Street of Dreams in 1987. There are past Streets of Dreams in Scottsdale, Phoenix and the Superstition Mountain area of Pinal County.
Whitewing at Germann Estates
Tours run Oct. 19 through Dec. 1st. They are held Wednesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Germann Estates is located south of the Loop 202, east of Greenfield Road on Germann Road, in Gilbert.
For more information, go to streetofdreams.com or houseofrefuge.org.
Listen for more Phoenix real estate news with realtors Diane Brennan and Rod Lakin on That Real Estate Show Saturdays at 3 p.m. on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns