PHOENIX — A mother and her son escaped a Phoenix house fire on Tuesday.
The Phoenix Fire Department responded to the home about 2:30 p.m. The mother said her fire alarm went off and she found her garage on fire. She grabbed her 3-year-old son and fled the house.
The mother was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene. Both she and her son are expected to be fine.
The fire was contained to the garage. The remainder of the house suffered minor smoke damage.
As a result of the fire, the family of six will be displaced for a short time. Phoenix fire is working with the family to find them a place to stay.
The mother and child were not identified.
The cause of the fire has not been determined.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development