PHOENIX — More than 360 animals found a new home this weekend, the Arizona Humane Society said Monday.
The adoptions were made during AHS’ Empty the Shelter Adoption Event. In total, 366 animals — 152 dogs, 191 cats and 23 critters — were adopted, three times the number of animals that are typically adopted in one weekend.
AHS thanked an anonymous donor for bringing so many potential adopters to the shelter.
“In providing this donation, the donor had hoped to inspire others to be similarly generous and allow for even more adoptions in the future and this ‘pay it forward’ attitude was represented time and time again as adopters offered up additional donations of their own,” AHS said in an email.
The event was one of the most successful adoption events in years.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life