Local authorities chased a truck across the West Valley on Friday, ending with one person in custody.
Officers from Phoenix Police and the Arizona Department of Public Safety began the chase, a possible vehicle theft, near the Arizona Capitol to Broadway Road and around 234th Avenue in Buckeye.
Along the way at least a half-dozen vehicles were hit by the truck as it sped westbound on Interstate 10, according to news reports.
Officers fired several times when the truck made a U-turn. A bullet penetrated the windshield but the driver kept going. At one point, the driver steered the truck into a police SUV.
The chase ended on County Road 85 and Broadway. As the truck slowed, officers on foot caught up to it, opened the passenger door and pulled out the suspect. Another officer opened the driver side door and put the truck in park.
He was injured and combative, but eventually taken by ambulance to a hospital.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon