Local authorities chased a truck across the West Valley on Friday, ending with one person in custody.
Officers from Phoenix Police and the Arizona Department of Public Safety began the chase, a possible vehicle theft, near the Arizona Capitol to Broadway Road and around 234th Avenue in Buckeye.
Along the way at least a half-dozen vehicles were hit by the truck as it sped westbound on Interstate 10, according to news reports.
Officers fired several times when the truck made a U-turn. A bullet penetrated the windshield but the driver kept going. At one point, the driver steered the truck into a police SUV.
The chase ended on County Road 85 and Broadway. As the truck slowed, officers on foot caught up to it, opened the passenger door and pulled out the suspect. Another officer opened the driver side door and put the truck in park.
He was injured and combative, but eventually taken by ambulance to a hospital.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier