PHOENIX — Residents of a Paradise Valley neighborhood are continuing to attempt to fight off a pack of coyotes that some people say is at least 12 strong.
“When I was inspecting I saw of bunch of them just hanging out,” said Joe DeWolf, owner of LoneWolf Wildlife and Pest Specialist. “Usually you see two or three of them together, but to see that many is unusual to me.”
The pack is accused of killing pets and leaving animal carcasses on people’s property near the area of 52nd Street and Shea. They can also carry diseases.
“We don’t kill them after we trap them,” said DeWolf. “Game and Fish tells us the best place to leave them and that’s where they go.”
His company has already captured one of the coyotes.
DeWolf said his company can charge several hundred dollars, but if residents are having difficulty finding funds to have an expert come out, he will negotiate.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.