PHOENIX — Residents of a Paradise Valley neighborhood are continuing to attempt to fight off a pack of coyotes that some people say is at least 12 strong.
“When I was inspecting I saw of bunch of them just hanging out,” said Joe DeWolf, owner of LoneWolf Wildlife and Pest Specialist. “Usually you see two or three of them together, but to see that many is unusual to me.”
The pack is accused of killing pets and leaving animal carcasses on people’s property near the area of 52nd Street and Shea. They can also carry diseases.
“We don’t kill them after we trap them,” said DeWolf. “Game and Fish tells us the best place to leave them and that’s where they go.”
His company has already captured one of the coyotes.
DeWolf said his company can charge several hundred dollars, but if residents are having difficulty finding funds to have an expert come out, he will negotiate.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon