PHOENIX — A Phoenix preparatory school is under fire after its principal decided to put “WTF” on school t-shirts.
According to ABC15.com, North Pointe Prep Principal Richard Gow approved the “WTF” message on the shirts because it stands for “We’re The Falcons,” the school’s mascot.
Some parents were not happy with the message. “WTF” is slang for “What the [expletive].”
Terra Lopez thinks it’s in bad taste for a principal to let kids walk around wearing these shirts.
“Everyone knows what it means. That’s the first impression and everyone thinks it’s funny. I think it’s very distracting and I don’t know what lesson they’re trying teach.”
Lopez’s daughter was reprimanded earlier this year for a flowered headband that violates the school’s dress code, which is why the shirts surprised her so much.
The school seems to be welcoming the publicity, given a survey linked on its webpage. A question asks students which news station best covered the shirts.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident