PHOENIX — A Phoenix preparatory school is under fire after its principal decided to put “WTF” on school t-shirts.
According to ABC15.com, North Pointe Prep Principal Richard Gow approved the “WTF” message on the shirts because it stands for “We’re The Falcons,” the school’s mascot.
Some parents were not happy with the message. “WTF” is slang for “What the [expletive].”
Terra Lopez thinks it’s in bad taste for a principal to let kids walk around wearing these shirts.
“Everyone knows what it means. That’s the first impression and everyone thinks it’s funny. I think it’s very distracting and I don’t know what lesson they’re trying teach.”
Lopez’s daughter was reprimanded earlier this year for a flowered headband that violates the school’s dress code, which is why the shirts surprised her so much.
The school seems to be welcoming the publicity, given a survey linked on its webpage. A question asks students which news station best covered the shirts.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident