PHOENIX — A Phoenix preparatory school is under fire after its principal decided to put “WTF” on school t-shirts.
According to ABC15.com, North Pointe Prep Principal Richard Gow approved the “WTF” message on the shirts because it stands for “We’re The Falcons,” the school’s mascot.
Some parents were not happy with the message. “WTF” is slang for “What the [expletive].”
Terra Lopez thinks it’s in bad taste for a principal to let kids walk around wearing these shirts.
“Everyone knows what it means. That’s the first impression and everyone thinks it’s funny. I think it’s very distracting and I don’t know what lesson they’re trying teach.”
Lopez’s daughter was reprimanded earlier this year for a flowered headband that violates the school’s dress code, which is why the shirts surprised her so much.
The school seems to be welcoming the publicity, given a survey linked on its webpage. A question asks students which news station best covered the shirts.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education
- Four months into office, Paul Penzone works to shake predecessor’s legacy
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months