The Arizona Board of Regents seems to be fed up with all the negative reports of the recent risky and illegal behavior of fraternity members.
“There’ve been a number of reported incidents that have occurred and it’s just brought attention to this,” said Rick Myers, Chairman of the Arizona Board of Regents.
“It’s caused us to ask ourselves, are we proactively doing everything we can to prevent risky behavior, particularly alcohol abuse,” he said.
A tri-university task force made up of students, Greek organizations, law enforcement and local government has been created to curb the rise in such activity.
The goal is to come up with fresh, innovative ideas related to student safety. A student safety discussion is planned for the board’s upcoming meeting next week in Flagstaff.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night