PHOENIX — The Obama administration has told federal agencies to prepare for a possible government shutdown if Congress can’t hammer out a deal to fund government after Sept. 30.
U.S. Rep. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) said the only political leader talking about a shutdown is the president and Schweikert doesn’t believe it will happen.
“Within our budget we will defund Obamacare but all of the rest of government will be funded,” Schweikert said. “We will put together a continuing resolution which I am not happy about. I would prefer we were doing full scale budgets but that’s where we’re at right now.”
The Senate is expected to strip the “defund Obamacare” provision and send it back to the House.
The last government shutdown happened in late 1995.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life