PHOENIX — Arizona winemakers are giving their Northern California counterparts a run for their money.
The three growing regions in the state continue to get national and international acclaim, despite the fact that the industry here is still in its infancy.
“Every time we have an event, every time we introduce our wines to new wines enthusiasts, they are immediately converted, they fall in love with Arizona wines,” said Executive Director of the Arizona Wine Growers’ Association Patricia King.
The three growing regions include the Verde Valley, Sonoita-Elgin and Wilcox.
“Excellent wines coming out of all three growing regions,” said King.
A combination of soil, climate and passion for the trade sets Arizona apart. King said the wines produced in Arizona cannot be compared to wines from Northern California, instead the product is more comparable to wines produced in the Rhône region in southern France.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.