PHOENIX — Arizona winemakers are giving their Northern California counterparts a run for their money.
The three growing regions in the state continue to get national and international acclaim, despite the fact that the industry here is still in its infancy.
“Every time we have an event, every time we introduce our wines to new wines enthusiasts, they are immediately converted, they fall in love with Arizona wines,” said Executive Director of the Arizona Wine Growers’ Association Patricia King.
The three growing regions include the Verde Valley, Sonoita-Elgin and Wilcox.
“Excellent wines coming out of all three growing regions,” said King.
A combination of soil, climate and passion for the trade sets Arizona apart. King said the wines produced in Arizona cannot be compared to wines from Northern California, instead the product is more comparable to wines produced in the Rhône region in southern France.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets