PHOENIX — Arizona winemakers are giving their Northern California counterparts a run for their money.
The three growing regions in the state continue to get national and international acclaim, despite the fact that the industry here is still in its infancy.
“Every time we have an event, every time we introduce our wines to new wines enthusiasts, they are immediately converted, they fall in love with Arizona wines,” said Executive Director of the Arizona Wine Growers’ Association Patricia King.
The three growing regions include the Verde Valley, Sonoita-Elgin and Wilcox.
“Excellent wines coming out of all three growing regions,” said King.
A combination of soil, climate and passion for the trade sets Arizona apart. King said the wines produced in Arizona cannot be compared to wines from Northern California, instead the product is more comparable to wines produced in the Rhône region in southern France.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains