The annual Forbes 400 list is out and three Arizonans have made the cut.
Discount Tire Chairman Bruce Halle, 83, ranks the highest at No. 103 with a worth of $4.4 billion.
Bennett Dorrance, the Campbell Soup heir, is also a partner of DMB Associates, a large development firm in Scottsdale. Owning 14 percent of Campbell’s, however, helped him rank No. 296 on the list, with a worth of $1.9 billion.
GoDaddy founder Bob Parson ties with Dorrance at No. 296, for he is also worth $1.9 billion.
Also noteworthy is Rob Walton, chairman of Walmart, who spends part of his time in Paradise Valley, when he is not in Arkansas. Walton comes in at a whopping No. 9 on the list.
Six Arizonans made the Forbes 400 list last year, but L.A. Angels owner Artie Moreno and Apollo Group/University of Phoenix Vice Chairman Peter Sperling did not make the cut this year.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, media mogul Rupert Murdoch, Truett Cathy of Chick-Fil-A, Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, and Facebook’s own Mark Zuckerberg have also made the list.
Bill Gates and Warren Buffett remain at Nos. 1 and 2, respectively.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon