The annual Forbes 400 list is out and three Arizonans have made the cut.
Discount Tire Chairman Bruce Halle, 83, ranks the highest at No. 103 with a worth of $4.4 billion.
Bennett Dorrance, the Campbell Soup heir, is also a partner of DMB Associates, a large development firm in Scottsdale. Owning 14 percent of Campbell’s, however, helped him rank No. 296 on the list, with a worth of $1.9 billion.
GoDaddy founder Bob Parson ties with Dorrance at No. 296, for he is also worth $1.9 billion.
Also noteworthy is Rob Walton, chairman of Walmart, who spends part of his time in Paradise Valley, when he is not in Arkansas. Walton comes in at a whopping No. 9 on the list.
Six Arizonans made the Forbes 400 list last year, but L.A. Angels owner Artie Moreno and Apollo Group/University of Phoenix Vice Chairman Peter Sperling did not make the cut this year.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, media mogul Rupert Murdoch, Truett Cathy of Chick-Fil-A, Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, and Facebook’s own Mark Zuckerberg have also made the list.
Bill Gates and Warren Buffett remain at Nos. 1 and 2, respectively.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.