SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — 2012 was the best season for holiday hires since 2006 and a Valley jobs expert said 2013 could be as good or better.
The holiday displays are already up in many of the stores and Theresa Maher with Jobing.com said that’s a cue for job hunters to get to work.
“This is the perfect time to get out there and start talking with employers face-to-face,” she said. “A lot of the retail positions will be at Macy’s, Target and other big name companies so fill out an application and introduce yourself.”
Maher said the jobs won’t just be in retail. Thousands of people will be coming in to enjoy our great winter weather and the resorts will be beefing up on staff.
“Companies like The Boulders, Courtyard, Scottsdale Marriott are going to looking to ramp up for the travelers coming through,” she said.
Maher said Amazon will also be hiring up to deal with the rush of online shipping. She also expects FedEx and UPS to announce job openings.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night