SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — 2012 was the best season for holiday hires since 2006 and a Valley jobs expert said 2013 could be as good or better.
The holiday displays are already up in many of the stores and Theresa Maher with Jobing.com said that’s a cue for job hunters to get to work.
“This is the perfect time to get out there and start talking with employers face-to-face,” she said. “A lot of the retail positions will be at Macy’s, Target and other big name companies so fill out an application and introduce yourself.”
Maher said the jobs won’t just be in retail. Thousands of people will be coming in to enjoy our great winter weather and the resorts will be beefing up on staff.
“Companies like The Boulders, Courtyard, Scottsdale Marriott are going to looking to ramp up for the travelers coming through,” she said.
Maher said Amazon will also be hiring up to deal with the rush of online shipping. She also expects FedEx and UPS to announce job openings.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them