SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — 2012 was the best season for holiday hires since 2006 and a Valley jobs expert said 2013 could be as good or better.
The holiday displays are already up in many of the stores and Theresa Maher with Jobing.com said that’s a cue for job hunters to get to work.
“This is the perfect time to get out there and start talking with employers face-to-face,” she said. “A lot of the retail positions will be at Macy’s, Target and other big name companies so fill out an application and introduce yourself.”
Maher said the jobs won’t just be in retail. Thousands of people will be coming in to enjoy our great winter weather and the resorts will be beefing up on staff.
“Companies like The Boulders, Courtyard, Scottsdale Marriott are going to looking to ramp up for the travelers coming through,” she said.
Maher said Amazon will also be hiring up to deal with the rush of online shipping. She also expects FedEx and UPS to announce job openings.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development