SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — 2012 was the best season for holiday hires since 2006 and a Valley jobs expert said 2013 could be as good or better.
The holiday displays are already up in many of the stores and Theresa Maher with Jobing.com said that’s a cue for job hunters to get to work.
“This is the perfect time to get out there and start talking with employers face-to-face,” she said. “A lot of the retail positions will be at Macy’s, Target and other big name companies so fill out an application and introduce yourself.”
Maher said the jobs won’t just be in retail. Thousands of people will be coming in to enjoy our great winter weather and the resorts will be beefing up on staff.
“Companies like The Boulders, Courtyard, Scottsdale Marriott are going to looking to ramp up for the travelers coming through,” she said.
Maher said Amazon will also be hiring up to deal with the rush of online shipping. She also expects FedEx and UPS to announce job openings.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.