PHOENIX — At 4:00 p.m. MST Saturday afternoon, the Phoenix Police Department responded to a call of a suspicious male trying to get into an apartment near 35th Avenue and Tierra Buena Lane.
When two Phoenix PD officers arrived on scene, 30-year-old Lance Danielson indicated that he was armed with a handgun.
According to Sgt. Steve Martos of the Phoenix Police Department, officers then enlisted the help of a SWAT team and the scene was treated like a barricade situation.
Martos said that SWAT officers negotiated with Danielson for three
hours before shooting erupted.
At 7:00 p.m. MST, negotiations broke down and the suspect exchanged gunfire with officers at the scene.
Martos said Danielson was killed at the scene, one officer was struck by gunfire and another
officer was hit in his ballistic vest. Both were taken to a nearby hospital and were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development