PHOENIX — Customers were evacuated from two separate K-Mart stores in the Phoenix area on Saturday after a man called in bomb threats.
The first threat came in at around 12:15 p.m. at the K-Mart store near Interstate 17 and Northern Avenue. The second threat was received about a half hour later at a location near 35th Avenue and Greenway Road.
By the time officers arrived at both locations, store managers had already evacuated customers, said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
“We went through the store with the management team and discovered there was really no threat to the store,” said Martos. “It obviously interrupted business for K-Mart at both locations, so we’re going to be conducting as much follow-up as we can.”
Both stores have been reopened.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.