PHOENIX — Customers were evacuated from two separate K-Mart stores in the Phoenix area on Saturday after a man called in bomb threats.
The first threat came in at around 12:15 p.m. at the K-Mart store near Interstate 17 and Northern Avenue. The second threat was received about a half hour later at a location near 35th Avenue and Greenway Road.
By the time officers arrived at both locations, store managers had already evacuated customers, said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
“We went through the store with the management team and discovered there was really no threat to the store,” said Martos. “It obviously interrupted business for K-Mart at both locations, so we’re going to be conducting as much follow-up as we can.”
Both stores have been reopened.