PHOENIX — With the Oct. 1 start date for health insurance exchanges just around the corner, hospitals and healthcare providers have a lot of questions about the Affordable Care Act.
They met to talk about those questions Thursday at a seminar in Phoenix and there was a lot of anxiety over the health exchanges.
‘We’re not entirely sure how this insurance model is going to change,” said President of the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association Greg Vigdor. “They’re really looking to figure out what it is they do. That makes for great certainty, chaos and fear.”
The most common question that providers had concerned their approach to working with customers in the future.
“Primarily because there’s great uncertainty, as complicated as consumers are finding what’s getting rolled out in terms of the Affordable Care Act, it’s actually much more complicated in terms of what providers are facing as far as how to serve them best going forward.”
Vigdor was said that the answer is different for every healthcare provider of them.
“It’s really based upon your circumstances right now and a lot of complicated questions you’re going to have to ask yourself,” he said.
Vigdor said that everyone is talking about the changes that will take place on Oct. 1. He said that, in reality, things will change slowly for healthcare because of the Affordable Care Act and it will take several years to complete the change.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development