PHOENIX — With the Oct. 1 start date for health insurance exchanges just around the corner, hospitals and healthcare providers have a lot of questions about the Affordable Care Act.
They met to talk about those questions Thursday at a seminar in Phoenix and there was a lot of anxiety over the health exchanges.
‘We’re not entirely sure how this insurance model is going to change,” said President of the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association Greg Vigdor. “They’re really looking to figure out what it is they do. That makes for great certainty, chaos and fear.”
The most common question that providers had concerned their approach to working with customers in the future.
“Primarily because there’s great uncertainty, as complicated as consumers are finding what’s getting rolled out in terms of the Affordable Care Act, it’s actually much more complicated in terms of what providers are facing as far as how to serve them best going forward.”
Vigdor was said that the answer is different for every healthcare provider of them.
“It’s really based upon your circumstances right now and a lot of complicated questions you’re going to have to ask yourself,” he said.
Vigdor said that everyone is talking about the changes that will take place on Oct. 1. He said that, in reality, things will change slowly for healthcare because of the Affordable Care Act and it will take several years to complete the change.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.