PHOENIX — A third person has reportedly been arrested in connection with the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
According to Fox News, Ivan Soto-Barraza was arrested Thursday in Mexico.
Soto-Barraza was wanted on multiple charges, including murder, assault and robbery in connection with the 2010 slaying of Terry who was killed in a shootout on the Arizona-Mexico border.
“The family is excited but we have two more fugitive defendants in Mexico. This is an ongoing operation and case,” Terry family spokesman Robert Heyer said Thursday.
The gun used to kill Terry was bought as part of Operation Fast and Furious, a botched program meant to track weapons bought in the United States that were then sent to Mexico.
Two more suspects, Jesus Favela-Astorga and Heraclio “Laco” Osorio-Arellanes, are wanted in the case.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon