PHOENIX — A third person has reportedly been arrested in connection with the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
According to Fox News, Ivan Soto-Barraza was arrested Thursday in Mexico.
Soto-Barraza was wanted on multiple charges, including murder, assault and robbery in connection with the 2010 slaying of Terry who was killed in a shootout on the Arizona-Mexico border.
“The family is excited but we have two more fugitive defendants in Mexico. This is an ongoing operation and case,” Terry family spokesman Robert Heyer said Thursday.
The gun used to kill Terry was bought as part of Operation Fast and Furious, a botched program meant to track weapons bought in the United States that were then sent to Mexico.
Two more suspects, Jesus Favela-Astorga and Heraclio “Laco” Osorio-Arellanes, are wanted in the case.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments