This chart from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that “(i)n 2012 there were 25 million foreign-born persons age 16 years and older in the U.S. labor force, representing 16.1 percent of the total.”
Further breaking down the chart, the majority of foreign-born workers came from Mexico and Central America accounting for about 38 percent, or 9.5 million people, of the labor force. Twenty-eight percent, or 7 million workers, were from Asia.
That means that roughly 66 percent, or two-thirds (16.5 million people), of all foreign-born workers came from Mexico, Central America or Asia. The remaining third, about 34 percent, came from Europe, the Caribbean, South America, Africa, Canada, Bermuda, Oceania and other areas not specified.
Native-born workers accounted for about 130 million workers.
To see more stats go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Matthew is a web producer for DeseretNews.com. Email: email@example.com
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development