This chart from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that “(i)n 2012 there were 25 million foreign-born persons age 16 years and older in the U.S. labor force, representing 16.1 percent of the total.”
Further breaking down the chart, the majority of foreign-born workers came from Mexico and Central America accounting for about 38 percent, or 9.5 million people, of the labor force. Twenty-eight percent, or 7 million workers, were from Asia.
That means that roughly 66 percent, or two-thirds (16.5 million people), of all foreign-born workers came from Mexico, Central America or Asia. The remaining third, about 34 percent, came from Europe, the Caribbean, South America, Africa, Canada, Bermuda, Oceania and other areas not specified.
Native-born workers accounted for about 130 million workers.
To see more stats go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Matthew is a web producer for DeseretNews.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy