In an open letter released last Saturday, the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) made an alarming claim: That there are nearly twice as many illegal immigrants residing in the United States as has been previously projected.
The current estimate is approximately 11 million undocumented persons, but based on data dating back to the 1986 amnesty, the NAFBPO allege that number is in the 18-20 million range, and increasing every day.
In the 1986 amnesty, the original projection of illegal immigrants was under one million. As amnesty was implemented, however, there were nearly 3 million.
In the letter, the NAFBPO asserts that “empirical data collected during processing of 2.7 million persons during the last amnesty established that for every alien estimated to be eligible for amnesty three will actually benefit.”
The NAFBPO says the more serious problem with Congress contemplating another amnesty is that the country’s infrastructure cannot withstand a sudden influx of over 30 million new citizens.
The organization even went so far as to compare declaring another amnesty to “import[ing] or legaliz[ing] criminals.”
“Congress continues to refuse to demand aggressive enforcement of existing Immigration laws while passing more to mollify America,” the letter states. “The promise to the American public in 1986 was a lie.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development