In an open letter released last Saturday, the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) made an alarming claim: That there are nearly twice as many illegal immigrants residing in the United States as has been previously projected.
The current estimate is approximately 11 million undocumented persons, but based on data dating back to the 1986 amnesty, the NAFBPO allege that number is in the 18-20 million range, and increasing every day.
In the 1986 amnesty, the original projection of illegal immigrants was under one million. As amnesty was implemented, however, there were nearly 3 million.
In the letter, the NAFBPO asserts that “empirical data collected during processing of 2.7 million persons during the last amnesty established that for every alien estimated to be eligible for amnesty three will actually benefit.”
The NAFBPO says the more serious problem with Congress contemplating another amnesty is that the country’s infrastructure cannot withstand a sudden influx of over 30 million new citizens.
The organization even went so far as to compare declaring another amnesty to “import[ing] or legaliz[ing] criminals.”
“Congress continues to refuse to demand aggressive enforcement of existing Immigration laws while passing more to mollify America,” the letter states. “The promise to the American public in 1986 was a lie.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.