PHOENIX – West Valley residents will soon have access to Glendale and Peoria avenues via Loop 303.
Beginning 9 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13 until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16, Glendale Avenue and Cactus Road will close, in order for traffic to switch to its final alignment. The two roads will remain open for east-west commuters. All others have been advised to use Sarival Avenue as a temporary detour.
Once this freeway work has finished, “drivers will be able to use three lanes in each direction as well as the overpasses at Peoria, Olive and Northern avenues,” according to ADOT spokesman Doug Nintzel.
Loop 303 work is far from over, however. In the coming weekends, workers will return to place rubberized asphalt between Peoria Avenue and Mountain View Boulevard on the northbound lanes. Once that is complete, all three northbound lanes will open.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon