PHOENIX – West Valley residents will soon have access to Glendale and Peoria avenues via Loop 303.
Beginning 9 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13 until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16, Glendale Avenue and Cactus Road will close, in order for traffic to switch to its final alignment. The two roads will remain open for east-west commuters. All others have been advised to use Sarival Avenue as a temporary detour.
Once this freeway work has finished, “drivers will be able to use three lanes in each direction as well as the overpasses at Peoria, Olive and Northern avenues,” according to ADOT spokesman Doug Nintzel.
Loop 303 work is far from over, however. In the coming weekends, workers will return to place rubberized asphalt between Peoria Avenue and Mountain View Boulevard on the northbound lanes. Once that is complete, all three northbound lanes will open.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas