LITCHFIELD PARK, Ariz. — A Valley Realtor wants to help American servicemen and women and he’s putting his money where his mouth is.
Restarting your life after serving overseas can be an ordeal.
“It’s difficult, coming back from a wartime situation, to adjust to civilian life and get a job,” said Richard Cox, owner of Sunrise Estate and Luxury Realty.
Richard and his wife, Candy, want to help those returning from overseas. Candy’s father served in the military and many of their friends have family serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Richard is making an offer to veterans and military members, or any member of their family.
“Our initial push is to fund the entire cost for a military person or a member of their family to become a real estate agent,” said Cox. “That costs about $2,000 in Arizona.”
That includes tuition at a real estate school.
Though he’s making the offer to any military person, he said that there are two scholarships available right now.
Randy guarantees veterans a job with his company. Candy said they will pay the tuition even if you choose to work for someone else.
Randy said his offer eventually will not be limited to real estate.
“Our plans are, as we expand this, to be able to include the funding to cover the costs for schools in insurance and insurance training as well.”
Richard and Candy have also started a non-profit group called the Warrior Fund, which helps returning veterans.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns