LITCHFIELD PARK, Ariz. — A Valley Realtor wants to help American servicemen and women and he’s putting his money where his mouth is.
Restarting your life after serving overseas can be an ordeal.
“It’s difficult, coming back from a wartime situation, to adjust to civilian life and get a job,” said Richard Cox, owner of Sunrise Estate and Luxury Realty.
Richard and his wife, Candy, want to help those returning from overseas. Candy’s father served in the military and many of their friends have family serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Richard is making an offer to veterans and military members, or any member of their family.
“Our initial push is to fund the entire cost for a military person or a member of their family to become a real estate agent,” said Cox. “That costs about $2,000 in Arizona.”
That includes tuition at a real estate school.
Though he’s making the offer to any military person, he said that there are two scholarships available right now.
Randy guarantees veterans a job with his company. Candy said they will pay the tuition even if you choose to work for someone else.
Randy said his offer eventually will not be limited to real estate.
“Our plans are, as we expand this, to be able to include the funding to cover the costs for schools in insurance and insurance training as well.”
Richard and Candy have also started a non-profit group called the Warrior Fund, which helps returning veterans.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick