A tragic part of our nation’s history is making its way to the southwestern part of the state of Arizona.
The New York and New Jersey Port Authority granted the Yuma Fire Department a piece of the Twin Towers that collapsed during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.
The I-beam is 24 inches long and weighs approximately 160 pounds.
Fire personnel and local contractors got together to build a memorial at Yuma’s new fire station No. 1. It will be unveiled Wednesday morning.
“It’s being dedicated to those fire service and law enforcement personnel that died along with those innocent victims of 9/11,” said Mike Erfert of the Yuma Fire Department.
The memorial was built by the Yuma Fire Department to honor the more than 3,000 lives killed during the terror attacks on 9/11.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them