A tragic part of our nation’s history is making its way to the southwestern part of the state of Arizona.
The New York and New Jersey Port Authority granted the Yuma Fire Department a piece of the Twin Towers that collapsed during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.
The I-beam is 24 inches long and weighs approximately 160 pounds.
Fire personnel and local contractors got together to build a memorial at Yuma’s new fire station No. 1. It will be unveiled Wednesday morning.
“It’s being dedicated to those fire service and law enforcement personnel that died along with those innocent victims of 9/11,” said Mike Erfert of the Yuma Fire Department.
The memorial was built by the Yuma Fire Department to honor the more than 3,000 lives killed during the terror attacks on 9/11.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas