PHOENIX — A Phoenix man sustained severe injuries Tuesday after being crushed by a large boulder, the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release.
Authorities were alerted about 7:20 a.m. that a 27-year-old victim had been crushed by the boulder while attempting to clear a different boulder off the Mount Elden Lookout Road.
When deputies arrived on the scene, they found the victim in the middle of the road. Four men he was traveling with had pulled him out from under the boulder and it appeared that his legs and pelvic area had been crushed.
The victim was taken to the Flagstaff Medical Center.
Investigators later learned the men were driving up the mountain to perform maintenance on a radio tower.
As a result of the accident, Elden Lookout Road is temporarily closed.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets