PHOENIX — School is back in session and, apparently, so is arrest season.
According to the Huffington Post, 1,367 people have been arrested near Arizona State University’s campus over the past three weekends.
A majority of the arrests occurred in a two-mile area around ASU, the State Press reports.
The first weekend (Aug. 16-18) brought 371 arrests, the second (Aug. 23-25) included 486 arrests, and the final weekend (Aug. 30-Sept. 1) rallied with 510 arrests.
Over 500 of those arrests were on charges of underage alcohol possession or consumption. Police also responded to about 130 calls concerning loud parties.
In total, police have made 5,815 contacts and issued 3,788 citations.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas