PHOENIX — School is back in session and, apparently, so is arrest season.
According to the Huffington Post, 1,367 people have been arrested near Arizona State University’s campus over the past three weekends.
A majority of the arrests occurred in a two-mile area around ASU, the State Press reports.
The first weekend (Aug. 16-18) brought 371 arrests, the second (Aug. 23-25) included 486 arrests, and the final weekend (Aug. 30-Sept. 1) rallied with 510 arrests.
Over 500 of those arrests were on charges of underage alcohol possession or consumption. Police also responded to about 130 calls concerning loud parties.
In total, police have made 5,815 contacts and issued 3,788 citations.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food