PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation along with the Motor Vehicle Division is excited to announce two new services for Arizona veterans that will begin Sept. 16.
Veterans will have the option to have a designation on their Arizona-issued driver license, commercial driver license, identification card or instruction permit denoting their military service. In addition, veterans applying for an Arizona commercial driver license will have the option to request a waiver of the skills test if they meet certain requirements, according to a press release.
“It’s a way of commemorating and also honoring those that have served our country,” ADOT spokesman Harold Sanders said.
Veterans will still have to take the written exam to obtain a commercial driver’s license. However, it saves them the hassle of having to take a commercial vehicle to an MVD office to take the road test.
More information about getting the credential of “Veteran” placed on an Arizona license or identification card can be found by clicking here. In order to research or begin the process of applying for a commercial driver license skill test waiver, click here.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development