PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation along with the Motor Vehicle Division is excited to announce two new services for Arizona veterans that will begin Sept. 16.
Veterans will have the option to have a designation on their Arizona-issued driver license, commercial driver license, identification card or instruction permit denoting their military service. In addition, veterans applying for an Arizona commercial driver license will have the option to request a waiver of the skills test if they meet certain requirements, according to a press release.
“It’s a way of commemorating and also honoring those that have served our country,” ADOT spokesman Harold Sanders said.
Veterans will still have to take the written exam to obtain a commercial driver’s license. However, it saves them the hassle of having to take a commercial vehicle to an MVD office to take the road test.
More information about getting the credential of “Veteran” placed on an Arizona license or identification card can be found by clicking here. In order to research or begin the process of applying for a commercial driver license skill test waiver, click here.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.