PHOENIX – About 20 people gathered Monday night outside U.S. Representative Ed Pastor’s downtown Phoenix office to ask the congressman to vote against bombing Syria.
Organizer Mitch Rubin said he was happy with the turnout and that the event was one of hundreds across the country on a national day of action.
“Many people think that sometimes, yes, you need to use military might but that should be a last resort,” Rubin said.
He believes more investigating needs to be done before military action is taken against Syria.
Protestors chanted, “Don’t bomb Syria” and held signs in the 400 block of Central Avenue. Participants acknowledged that there is tragedy happening in Syria but that contributing to the major civil war in Syria won’t help solve any issues.
“Let’s try peace negotiations first before we escalate it by bringing war weapons,” Rubin said. He also says Americans should be helping Syria refugees.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier