PHOENIX – About 20 people gathered Monday night outside U.S. Representative Ed Pastor’s downtown Phoenix office to ask the congressman to vote against bombing Syria.
Organizer Mitch Rubin said he was happy with the turnout and that the event was one of hundreds across the country on a national day of action.
“Many people think that sometimes, yes, you need to use military might but that should be a last resort,” Rubin said.
He believes more investigating needs to be done before military action is taken against Syria.
Protestors chanted, “Don’t bomb Syria” and held signs in the 400 block of Central Avenue. Participants acknowledged that there is tragedy happening in Syria but that contributing to the major civil war in Syria won’t help solve any issues.
“Let’s try peace negotiations first before we escalate it by bringing war weapons,” Rubin said. He also says Americans should be helping Syria refugees.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains