PHOENIX – About 20 people gathered Monday night outside U.S. Representative Ed Pastor’s downtown Phoenix office to ask the congressman to vote against bombing Syria.
Organizer Mitch Rubin said he was happy with the turnout and that the event was one of hundreds across the country on a national day of action.
“Many people think that sometimes, yes, you need to use military might but that should be a last resort,” Rubin said.
He believes more investigating needs to be done before military action is taken against Syria.
Protestors chanted, “Don’t bomb Syria” and held signs in the 400 block of Central Avenue. Participants acknowledged that there is tragedy happening in Syria but that contributing to the major civil war in Syria won’t help solve any issues.
“Let’s try peace negotiations first before we escalate it by bringing war weapons,” Rubin said. He also says Americans should be helping Syria refugees.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon