Arizona is a destination for vacationers and snowbirds but a Valley man wants to make it a destination for entrepreneurs.
“We’re really trying to add to the ecosystem in Arizona,” said David Rice, founder of Desarrollo, a business incubator. “Desarrollo is Spanish for development.”
With the help of about 15 corporate sponsors, Desarrollo can provide office space, phone lines and training. The goal is to get entrepreneurs from concept to market. Rice says mentors will help with various business elements, including intellectual property and market research, sales strategy, operational strategy, marketization and company cultural development.
The free 15-week program will be held at Chandler-based Infusionsoft, but is open to any company based in Arizona or a company willing to relocate. Those who are selected will be required to give back to the community by volunteering and buying local products and services.
“This adds opportunities for new jobs in Arizona,” said Rice. “If you’re not an entrepreneur, but you’re looking to be a part of a start-up, or even finding a high-paid position, you know entrepreneurs pay highest wages because they understand the value of retaining talent.”
Desarrollo is accepting applications for its Phoenix Flight Program through Sept. 15.
For more information, click here.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them