Arizona is a destination for vacationers and snowbirds but a Valley man wants to make it a destination for entrepreneurs.
“We’re really trying to add to the ecosystem in Arizona,” said David Rice, founder of Desarrollo, a business incubator. “Desarrollo is Spanish for development.”
With the help of about 15 corporate sponsors, Desarrollo can provide office space, phone lines and training. The goal is to get entrepreneurs from concept to market. Rice says mentors will help with various business elements, including intellectual property and market research, sales strategy, operational strategy, marketization and company cultural development.
The free 15-week program will be held at Chandler-based Infusionsoft, but is open to any company based in Arizona or a company willing to relocate. Those who are selected will be required to give back to the community by volunteering and buying local products and services.
“This adds opportunities for new jobs in Arizona,” said Rice. “If you’re not an entrepreneur, but you’re looking to be a part of a start-up, or even finding a high-paid position, you know entrepreneurs pay highest wages because they understand the value of retaining talent.”
Desarrollo is accepting applications for its Phoenix Flight Program through Sept. 15.
For more information, click here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development