PHOENIX — The city of Scottsdale is testing a change of traffic patterns in the popular bar district of Old Town.
The city decided to convert some two-way roads to one-way to not only speed up traffic, but to aid emergency crews who often get stuck in traffic.
“There have been some safety concerns, notably some issues with response time,” said Scottsdale Right-of-Way Manager Walt Brodzinski.
Three streets will become one-way as part of the month-long trial. All are southeast of the intersection of Scottsdale and Camelback roads.
“After the 30-day period, we will get feedback from the community — both businesses that front the streets and folks in the general area,” said Brodzinski.
The following streets will be one-way during the trial:
Buckboard Trail will be northbound only from Shoeman Lane to Camelback Road.
Shoeman Lane will be westbound only from Saddlebag Trail to Buckboard Trail.
Saddlebag Trail will be southbound only from Camelback Road to Shoeman Lane.
For more information, click here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development