PHOENIX — The city of Scottsdale is testing a change of traffic patterns in the popular bar district of Old Town.
The city decided to convert some two-way roads to one-way to not only speed up traffic, but to aid emergency crews who often get stuck in traffic.
“There have been some safety concerns, notably some issues with response time,” said Scottsdale Right-of-Way Manager Walt Brodzinski.
Three streets will become one-way as part of the month-long trial. All are southeast of the intersection of Scottsdale and Camelback roads.
“After the 30-day period, we will get feedback from the community — both businesses that front the streets and folks in the general area,” said Brodzinski.
The following streets will be one-way during the trial:
Buckboard Trail will be northbound only from Shoeman Lane to Camelback Road.
Shoeman Lane will be westbound only from Saddlebag Trail to Buckboard Trail.
Saddlebag Trail will be southbound only from Camelback Road to Shoeman Lane.
For more information, click here.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck