PHOENIX — A new Harris interactive poll reported that Arizona ranks high on the list of places where people want to live and also ranks high as a place that people do not want to call home.
According to the poll, Arizona is seventh on the list of states that Americans would like to live. By contrast, the poll put Arizona 10th on the list of places where Americans don’t want to live.
“These are opinions. You really need to look at the facts,” said Barry Broome, who runs the Greater Phoenix Economic Council.
“People are still moving here,” he said, adding that in the past three years more than 100 companies have moved into the state.
“I don’t see anything that suggests we won’t be a top- destination state for people, for industry and talent.”
Broome estimated 800,000 people will move into Arizona in the next decade.
The poll of 2,200 Americans found that California is the state that most Americans either want to live or skip completely.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas