PHOENIX — A new Harris interactive poll reported that Arizona ranks high on the list of places where people want to live and also ranks high as a place that people do not want to call home.
According to the poll, Arizona is seventh on the list of states that Americans would like to live. By contrast, the poll put Arizona 10th on the list of places where Americans don’t want to live.
“These are opinions. You really need to look at the facts,” said Barry Broome, who runs the Greater Phoenix Economic Council.
“People are still moving here,” he said, adding that in the past three years more than 100 companies have moved into the state.
“I don’t see anything that suggests we won’t be a top- destination state for people, for industry and talent.”
Broome estimated 800,000 people will move into Arizona in the next decade.
The poll of 2,200 Americans found that California is the state that most Americans either want to live or skip completely.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain