A man walking through a central Phoenix neighborhood Saturday while firing gun shots was shot and killed by an officer, according to an ABC 15 report.
Sgt. Steve Martos of the Phoenix Police Department said police are currently unsure of what the man was shooting toward.
The incident occurred near 10th Street and Van Buren, where officers immediately engaged the man. The gunman was soon shot by one officer.
After a brief flee from police, the man was found dead near the intersection of 9th Street and Taylor.
During the episode, which is currently under investigation, another officer was bitten by a police K-9 dog, suffering a minor injury.
Martos says it’s not clear whether the man died of a self-inflicted gunshot
wound or if he died as a result of the shots fired by the officer.
Investigators haven’t identified the man.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development