A man walking through a central Phoenix neighborhood Saturday while firing gun shots was shot and killed by an officer, according to an ABC 15 report.
Sgt. Steve Martos of the Phoenix Police Department said police are currently unsure of what the man was shooting toward.
The incident occurred near 10th Street and Van Buren, where officers immediately engaged the man. The gunman was soon shot by one officer.
After a brief flee from police, the man was found dead near the intersection of 9th Street and Taylor.
During the episode, which is currently under investigation, another officer was bitten by a police K-9 dog, suffering a minor injury.
Martos says it’s not clear whether the man died of a self-inflicted gunshot
wound or if he died as a result of the shots fired by the officer.
Investigators haven’t identified the man.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them