PHOENIX — A Valley charity that is dedicated to continuing the lifetime work of Sandra Day O’Connor says it needs your help.
The O’Connor House does its work from the adobe home where O’Connor and her husband John lived. The home is now on the Arizona Historical Society campus. The charity has started an oral history project and is looking to talk with friends, family and colleagues of the former Supreme Court justice.
“Those that may have crossed paths with Sandra Day O’Connor, worked with her in some, way, shape or form are the individuals we’d like to hear from,” said O’Connor House President Sarah Suggs.
She said they’ve been working on the project over the summer.
“We’ve identified over 200 individuals, including one person who rode the school bus with her,” Suggs said.
O’Connor House is also looking for memorabilia — which, along with recorded conversations, will be used in future public exhibits and in a virtual library honoring O’Connor.
“We are aiming to catalog these remarkable stories of people who helped shape her as one of the most remarkable women in America’s history,” said Suggs.
For more information on the project or if you have items you or information on O’Connor to share, you can call 602-730-3300 or visit the O’Connor House’s website.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.