PHOENIX — A Valley charity that is dedicated to continuing the lifetime work of Sandra Day O’Connor says it needs your help.
The O’Connor House does its work from the adobe home where O’Connor and her husband John lived. The home is now on the Arizona Historical Society campus. The charity has started an oral history project and is looking to talk with friends, family and colleagues of the former Supreme Court justice.
“Those that may have crossed paths with Sandra Day O’Connor, worked with her in some, way, shape or form are the individuals we’d like to hear from,” said O’Connor House President Sarah Suggs.
She said they’ve been working on the project over the summer.
“We’ve identified over 200 individuals, including one person who rode the school bus with her,” Suggs said.
O’Connor House is also looking for memorabilia — which, along with recorded conversations, will be used in future public exhibits and in a virtual library honoring O’Connor.
“We are aiming to catalog these remarkable stories of people who helped shape her as one of the most remarkable women in America’s history,” said Suggs.
For more information on the project or if you have items you or information on O’Connor to share, you can call 602-730-3300 or visit the O’Connor House’s website.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick