PHOENIX — A bar that served an underage Arizona State University student who was later found dead has reportedly been fined $6,000.
According to Fox 10, the fine was given to Cadillac Ranch at Tempe Marketplace after the served 19-year-old Jack Culolias, who was found dead after being kicked out of the bar.
Culolias was served alcohol while attending a fraternity function. He was removed from the bar for urinating on a patio and ended up in Tempe Town Lake where he drowned. His body was found two weeks later. He was wearing a bracelet designating him as older than 21.
An investigation showed that the bar failed to keep an identification log during the event and could not prove it checked IDs.
According to the compliance agreement, Cadillac Ranch will get ID-checking equipment and keep a record of all patron’s identifications until 2015. They must also put a security plan into place.
Cadillac Ranch has been cited three times since 2009 for serving underage customers.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them