PHOENIX — A man was arrested Friday on suspicion of using social media to find men soliciting homosexual acts and then robbing them.
Luis Miguel Valenzuela allegedly used both social media and phone applications to find men looking for other men to engage in sexual activity with. Valenzuela would then meet them at their homes, perform the sexual acts and then rob the victims at gunpoint. He often let several people into the home to help him rob it.
Some of the victims were bound prior to the suspects leaving the scene.
Police believe there may be more than 30 victims.
“We understand and are sensitive to the fact that some of these victims may perhaps be embarrassed or somehow may not want to come forward to the police,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
Anyone with more information on Valenzuela or the crimes is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department Robbery Unit at (602) 256-4362.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development