PHOENIX — It’s not too far away now, hot dog lovers: Portillo’s newest location in Tempe is scheduled to open Tuesday.
Company officials are hoping the opening of the new 8,219-square-foot restaurant at Tempe Marketplace will break a record set just a few months ago in Scottsdale, when about 10,000 people ate at the restaurant on its first day.
“Our Scottsdale opening was the largest in our company history, said Dick Portillo, owner and founder of The Portillo Restaurant Group in a press release. “We’re so appreciative of all of our patrons — those who know Portillo’s and those who may be trying us for the first time at our new Tempe location.”
Portillo said the new location allows the eatery to be closer to both Arizona State University and the new Chicago Cubs Spring Training complex.
The restaurant can seat up to 316 people.
The restaurant employees 200 full- and part-time employees. It will be open from 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier