PHOENIX — It’s not too far away now, hot dog lovers: Portillo’s newest location in Tempe is scheduled to open Tuesday.
Company officials are hoping the opening of the new 8,219-square-foot restaurant at Tempe Marketplace will break a record set just a few months ago in Scottsdale, when about 10,000 people ate at the restaurant on its first day.
“Our Scottsdale opening was the largest in our company history, said Dick Portillo, owner and founder of The Portillo Restaurant Group in a press release. “We’re so appreciative of all of our patrons — those who know Portillo’s and those who may be trying us for the first time at our new Tempe location.”
Portillo said the new location allows the eatery to be closer to both Arizona State University and the new Chicago Cubs Spring Training complex.
The restaurant can seat up to 316 people.
The restaurant employees 200 full- and part-time employees. It will be open from 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon