PHOENIX — With Arizona State University kicking off its football season at home Thursday night, the City of Tempe is kicking off its football-season street closures and restrictions.
Kickoff for Sacramento State at ASU is 7 p.m.
From the City of Tempe:
The following streets will be closed five hours prior to kick off until the game starts.
• Veterans Way will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed at McClintock Drive.
The following streets will be closed or restricted two hours prior to kick off until one hour after game ends.
• Eastbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Ash and Mill avenues.
• 5th Street will be closed in both directions between Farmer Avenue and Priest Drive. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Ash and Maple avenues will be closed in both directions at University Drive. Local traffic will be permitted. Right turns will be permitted from southbound Ash Avenue to westbound University Drive.
• 10th Street will be closed in both directions at Mill Avenue. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Motorists heading eastbound on University Drive will be required to turn southbound onto Mill Avenue.
• Right hand turns will be prohibited from westbound University Drive to northbound Mill Avenue.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from southbound Mill Avenue to eastbound University Drive.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from Mill Avenue to 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd streets and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Left hand turns will not be permitted from eastbound 7th and 5th streets and Rio Salado Parkway onto Mill Avenue.
The following streets will be closed from the start of the third quarter until one hour after game ends.
• Southbound Scottsdale Road/Rural Road will be closed between Curry Road and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Eastbound Gilbert Drive will be closed between Scottsdale Road and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Karsten Golf Course and McClintock Drive.
• Westbound University Drive will be closed between Rural Road and McClintock Drive.
• Northbound Rural Road will be closed between Rio Salado Parkway and University Drive.
• 5th Street, 6th Street, and 7th Street will be closed in both directions between Forest Avenue and College Avenue.
• College Avenue will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and Veterans Way/5th Street.
• Southbound McAllister Drive will be closed between University Drive and Terrace Road.
• Eastbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
• Westbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
Bus routes will also be affected.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas