PHOENIX — With Arizona State University kicking off its football season at home Thursday night, the City of Tempe is kicking off its football-season street closures and restrictions.
Kickoff for Sacramento State at ASU is 7 p.m.
From the City of Tempe:
The following streets will be closed five hours prior to kick off until the game starts.
• Veterans Way will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed at McClintock Drive.
The following streets will be closed or restricted two hours prior to kick off until one hour after game ends.
• Eastbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Ash and Mill avenues.
• 5th Street will be closed in both directions between Farmer Avenue and Priest Drive. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Ash and Maple avenues will be closed in both directions at University Drive. Local traffic will be permitted. Right turns will be permitted from southbound Ash Avenue to westbound University Drive.
• 10th Street will be closed in both directions at Mill Avenue. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Motorists heading eastbound on University Drive will be required to turn southbound onto Mill Avenue.
• Right hand turns will be prohibited from westbound University Drive to northbound Mill Avenue.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from southbound Mill Avenue to eastbound University Drive.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from Mill Avenue to 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd streets and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Left hand turns will not be permitted from eastbound 7th and 5th streets and Rio Salado Parkway onto Mill Avenue.
The following streets will be closed from the start of the third quarter until one hour after game ends.
• Southbound Scottsdale Road/Rural Road will be closed between Curry Road and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Eastbound Gilbert Drive will be closed between Scottsdale Road and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Karsten Golf Course and McClintock Drive.
• Westbound University Drive will be closed between Rural Road and McClintock Drive.
• Northbound Rural Road will be closed between Rio Salado Parkway and University Drive.
• 5th Street, 6th Street, and 7th Street will be closed in both directions between Forest Avenue and College Avenue.
• College Avenue will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and Veterans Way/5th Street.
• Southbound McAllister Drive will be closed between University Drive and Terrace Road.
• Eastbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
• Westbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
Bus routes will also be affected.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments