PHOENIX — With Arizona State University kicking off its football season at home Thursday night, the City of Tempe is kicking off its football-season street closures and restrictions.
Kickoff for Sacramento State at ASU is 7 p.m.
From the City of Tempe:
The following streets will be closed five hours prior to kick off until the game starts.
• Veterans Way will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed at McClintock Drive.
The following streets will be closed or restricted two hours prior to kick off until one hour after game ends.
• Eastbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Ash and Mill avenues.
• 5th Street will be closed in both directions between Farmer Avenue and Priest Drive. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Ash and Maple avenues will be closed in both directions at University Drive. Local traffic will be permitted. Right turns will be permitted from southbound Ash Avenue to westbound University Drive.
• 10th Street will be closed in both directions at Mill Avenue. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Motorists heading eastbound on University Drive will be required to turn southbound onto Mill Avenue.
• Right hand turns will be prohibited from westbound University Drive to northbound Mill Avenue.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from southbound Mill Avenue to eastbound University Drive.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from Mill Avenue to 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd streets and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Left hand turns will not be permitted from eastbound 7th and 5th streets and Rio Salado Parkway onto Mill Avenue.
The following streets will be closed from the start of the third quarter until one hour after game ends.
• Southbound Scottsdale Road/Rural Road will be closed between Curry Road and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Eastbound Gilbert Drive will be closed between Scottsdale Road and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Karsten Golf Course and McClintock Drive.
• Westbound University Drive will be closed between Rural Road and McClintock Drive.
• Northbound Rural Road will be closed between Rio Salado Parkway and University Drive.
• 5th Street, 6th Street, and 7th Street will be closed in both directions between Forest Avenue and College Avenue.
• College Avenue will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and Veterans Way/5th Street.
• Southbound McAllister Drive will be closed between University Drive and Terrace Road.
• Eastbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
• Westbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
Bus routes will also be affected.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon