PHOENIX — With Arizona State University kicking off its football season at home Thursday night, the City of Tempe is kicking off its football-season street closures and restrictions.
Kickoff for Sacramento State at ASU is 7 p.m.
From the City of Tempe:
The following streets will be closed five hours prior to kick off until the game starts.
• Veterans Way will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed at McClintock Drive.
The following streets will be closed or restricted two hours prior to kick off until one hour after game ends.
• Eastbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Ash and Mill avenues.
• 5th Street will be closed in both directions between Farmer Avenue and Priest Drive. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Ash and Maple avenues will be closed in both directions at University Drive. Local traffic will be permitted. Right turns will be permitted from southbound Ash Avenue to westbound University Drive.
• 10th Street will be closed in both directions at Mill Avenue. Local traffic will be permitted.
• Motorists heading eastbound on University Drive will be required to turn southbound onto Mill Avenue.
• Right hand turns will be prohibited from westbound University Drive to northbound Mill Avenue.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from southbound Mill Avenue to eastbound University Drive.
• Left hand turns will be prohibited from Mill Avenue to 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd streets and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Left hand turns will not be permitted from eastbound 7th and 5th streets and Rio Salado Parkway onto Mill Avenue.
The following streets will be closed from the start of the third quarter until one hour after game ends.
• Southbound Scottsdale Road/Rural Road will be closed between Curry Road and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Eastbound Gilbert Drive will be closed between Scottsdale Road and College Avenue.
• Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between Karsten Golf Course and McClintock Drive.
• Westbound University Drive will be closed between Rural Road and McClintock Drive.
• Northbound Rural Road will be closed between Rio Salado Parkway and University Drive.
• 5th Street, 6th Street, and 7th Street will be closed in both directions between Forest Avenue and College Avenue.
• College Avenue will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and Veterans Way/5th Street.
• Southbound McAllister Drive will be closed between University Drive and Terrace Road.
• Eastbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
• Westbound SR202 off-ramp onto Scottsdale Road will be closed.
Bus routes will also be affected.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night